Columbus, the capital and largest city in Ohio, ranks as the 15th largest city in the nation. It is home to a business and residential metropolitan area of more than one million people. Modern Columbus has evolved into a technologically sophisticated city, with a diverse economy and many U.S. Fortune 500 corporations -- Forbes magazine ranked Columbus 25th for the Best Places for Business and Careers, June 2011.
Columbus is home to many successful corporations and businesses, including Abercrombie & Fitch, AEP, Bath & Body Works, Battelle, Bob Evans, Express, The Limited, Max & Erma's, Nationwide, Victoria's Secret, Wendy's, just to name a few!
Home to more than 20 colleges and universities, with more than 100,000 students at any given time, Columbus also boasts some of the best school systems in the nation, offering opportunities for every family and child.
And that's not all. Love the outdoors? Enjoy classical music and jazz? Looking for a home team to cheer? You'll find what you love to do in your spare time in this great city and its surrounding suburbs.
Columbus was just named one of Time Magazine's Top 5 Best Cities for Millennials!
- Attention soccer fans! Columbus is home to its own professional soccer team, the Columbus Crew.
- Want to be taken out to the ball game? You're in luck! The Columbus Clippers, a Triple A team, is located just outside of downtown.
- For all the college sports fans, The Ohio State University is conveniently located in the heart of Columbus.
- Don't miss the Columbus Blue Jackets, a professional hockey team. The tickets are the most popular in town!
- Columbus is home to more than 70 golf courses. Check out some of the more popular ones, and don't miss the annual Memorial Tournament (PGA Tour).
- Horse racing fans won't feel left out with Scioto Downs and Beulah Park.
- Visit The Columbus Museum of Art to see the new exhibits.
- See the newest flicks at one of the many area movie theaters.
- Want to catch up on your reading? Stop by the Columbus Metropolitan Library.
- Visit the Wexner Center for the Arts for cutting-edge exhibits in media ranging from film, to video to sculpture.
- FESTIVALS!! Who doesn't love a good festival?! And Columbus has got TONS OF THEM.
Arts & Entertainment
- See a concert or a show at the Nationwide Arena or The Schottenstein Center.
- Take a walk through the North Market and sample homegrown and ethnic foods.
- Want to do some shopping? Find anything and everything you need in area stores.
- If you're in the mood for something a little wild, visit the Columbus Zoo & Aquarium for an afternoon.
- Need to cool off on a hot summer day? Visit central Ohio's only water and amusement park, Zoombezi Bay.
- Learning can be fun too, especially at the Center of Science and Industry, better known around Columbus as COSI.
- Attend a performance by BalletMet and witness poetry in motion.
- The Columbus Symphony Orchestra performs year round. This is one show you won't want to miss!
- In the mood for a play? Visit the Columbus Association for the Performing Arts (CAPA) to see who is performing where.
- Not feeling well? Find a Doctor in your area.
- Find directions and maps to area hospitals and health care facilities.
Columbus has several yearly events you don't want to miss out on, including
- Red, White and Boom: Central Ohio's largest Fourth of July fireworks display, on the riverfront downtown.
- The Columbus Marathon: Athletes from all over take to the Columbus streets.
- The Ohio State Fair: Rides, food and fun take over Columbus every August!
- The annual PGA Memorial Tournament: Designed by Jack Nicklaus, Muirfield Village Golf Club attracts the game's top golfers as well as celebrities and locals to Columbus every Memorial Day.