9/2017- Interns take on San Antonio, TX!
8/2017- Grant Medical Staff Golf Outing- hilarious as always when a bunch of residents and faculty (most of whom don't know how to golf or DRIVE a golf cart) take over the Columbus Country Club!
7/2017- Come visit us at Booth #2025 at the AAFP NC in Kansas City!
4-19-17: Grant hosted another great Joint Injection Workshop for the OU-Dublin FMIG!
Grant Family Medicine Residency is excited to announce the Class of 2020!
- Alexandra Blood- Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Juliana Boateng- Philadephia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Spencer Conte- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Jennifer Ledonne- Lincoln Memorial University-Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Divya Manda- Medical College of Wisconsin
- Elizabeth McIntosh- SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Kelsey Murray- The Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Emily Samiec- Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Kelly Thibert- Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Paul Tobias- The Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Verneda Troyer- Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine
- Jessica Tucker- Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Samantha Wu- Michigan State University College of Human Medicine
12/16- Tonight, we hosted 26 med students from Ohio University-Dublin's Family Medicine Interest Group for an OB Skills Workshop in the Grant Skills Lab. The students got to practice basic vaginal deliveries, read and interpret fetal heart tracings, get some practice with cervical exams, and try their luck at amniotomy, fetal scalp electrodes, and intrauterine pressure catheters! Special thanks to the students for making the trip to check out Grant, and to the incredible residents who took time out of their schedule to teach! And of course, thank you to Christy Davis- our incredible skills lab guru, for being so creative and helping simulate everything we do! #grantlove
Family Docs Deliver! Additionally, earlier in the day, we did an OB ultrasound an episiotomy repair workshop for the interns!
11/2016- Congrats to Intern Valerie Good, MD, for her appointment to the AAFP Tobacco Prevention and Control Committee! Check it out here: http://www.ohioafp.org/wfmu-article/dr-valerie-good-appointed-to-aafp-tobacco-prevention-and-control-committee/
9/2016- Several Grant Faculty, residents and chief residents, and the ENTIRE INTERN CLASS attended the AAFP FMX Conference in sunny Orlando, Florida, where we spent a lot of time learning, and probably even more time bonding poolside! Plus, a little Harry Potter thrown in! There was also a great dinner out with Grant alums practicing all over the country.
9/2016- Splinting Workshop!
08/2016- Check out the link below to see the front page article in the Columbus Dispatch about Grant FMR's partnership with Capital Law School in practicing depositions. This is all part of Dr. Sarah Sams' (fantastic Grant faculty) Practice Management Curriculum!
08/2016- Grant Medical Staff Golf Outing was a hilarious time for all! We actually have a few great golfers in our midst- but mostly, not!
07/2016- The new interns have started! Here they are kicking butt learning procedures in preparation for their first rotations!
04/27/2016- 10 residents and 2 faculty taught a Joint Injection Workshop for the Family Medicine Interest Group @ Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine- Dublin campus. Click through the slideshow below...
04/20/2016- Interns participated in OB Skills workshop- perineal repairs and OB ultrasounds! Click through the slideshow below...