There are 13 PGY-1 positions available per year through the National Residency Match Program (NRMP) for all graduates of approved medical colleges.
Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) ONLY. Please do not fax, mail or email your CV and/or application materials directly to the program.
Once your ERAS application is submitted, it will be reviewed by the Program Administrators and the Program Director. A decision will be made regarding your application, and you will receive an e-mail message inviting you to interview at the Program Director's discretion.
Minimum Program Criteria
In order to review and consider your request for residency, the following must be received as part of or in addition to your ERAS application.
- Curriculum vitae
- A personal statement
- Dean's letter
- Two additional letters of recommendation
- Official board scores (scores greater than 200 are given preference)
- International graduates must have a valid ECFMG certificate
- At least one year previous experience with the United States healthcare system is recommended
- Must have graduated from medical school within the last 3 years
- USMLE Part I or COMLEX Part I Board Scores
- USMLE Part II or COMLEX Part II Board Scores
Additionally, all IMGs must have:
- At least one year U.S. clinical experience
- A valid ECFMG certificate
Grant Family Medicine Residency will consider applicants who are U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, asylees and refugees, and other individuals with work authorizations that do not require visa sponsorship by Grant Medical Center.
Alysia Herzog, MD
Program Director, Family Medicine
285 East State Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Phone: (614) 566-9718